Evaluating Your Test Results
Drug Testing Instructions
The drug tests from 12 Panel Now are some of the most simple and effective tools used in the drug screening process. Multi-Drug Urine Test Cups, Dip Cards, and Oral Fluid tests are among the most widely used tests in the industry. The selection of drug tests available detects a variety of substances and illicit drugs.
The entire duration of a drug screening evaluation can be accomplished in under 10 minutes. To understand more about the drug test instructions, please follow the guidelines below.
It is important that the test administrator collects all of the necessary tools for the screening process before obtaining the urine sample. This may include a stopwatch, eye protection, a face mask, pen, and paper.
- Bring the drug test cup, specimen, and/ or controls to room temperature (59-78 degrees F) before use of stored at refrigerated temperatures. Remove the cup from the sealed pouch and use it as soon as possible.
- Have the donor date and initial the body label.
- Donor provides a urine specimen in the testing cup and screw cap on top of it. This is when the administrator may begin using their stopwatch.
- The operator checks the cap for tightness.
- Remove the peel-off label.
- Check the temperature strip label at 2-4 minutes after specimen collection for the fresh urine specimen. Green color will appear to indicate the temperature of the urine specimen. The proper range for an unadulterated specimen is 90-100 degree F (32-38 degree C).
- Drug test results are indicated by the presence or absence of colored band(s) in the result area of the test strips. The result should be read at 5 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 8 minutes.
- Positive test results must be confirmed by another drug testing method. Send the cup and urine specimen intact to a toxicology laboratory for confirmation.
Interpretation of Results
There are a few factors to consider when evaluating your drug test results. It is important to evaluate test results no later than 8 minutes after the specimen is submitted.
Please make sure to view test results in optimum lighting.
Drug Test results are either Positive, Negative, or Invalid. This is how to interpret drug test results.
Positive Results: This is when only one colored band appears, in the control region(c). No colored band appears in the test region (T) for the drug in question. A positive result indicated that the drug concentration exceeds the detectable level.
Negative Results: This is when two colored bands appear on the membrane. One band appears in the control region © and another band appears in the test region (T) for the drug in question. A negative result indicates that the drug concentration is below the detectable level.
Invalid: This is when the control band fails to appear. Results from any test which has not produced a control band at the specified read time must be discarded. Please review the procedure and repeat it with a new test. If the problem persists, discontinue using the kit immediately and contact your local distributor.