Drug Testing Instructions
- Bring the drug test cup, specimen, and/ or controls to room temperature (59-78 degrees F) before use of stored at refrigerated temperatures. Remove the cup from sealed pouch and use it as soon as possible.
- Have the donor date and initial the body label.
- Donor provides a urine specimen in the drug testing cup and screws cap on top of it. Start timer immediately.
- Operator checks the cap for tightness.
- Remove the peel-off label.
- Check the temperature strip label at 2-4 minutes after specimen collection for the fresh urine specimen. A green color will appear to indicate the temperature of the urine specimen. The proper range for an unadulterated specimen is 90-100 degree F (32-38 degree C).
- Drug test results are indicated by the presence or absence of colored band(s) in the result area of the test strips. The result should be read at 5 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 8 minutes.
- Positive test results must be confirmed by another drug testing method. Send the cup and urine specimen intact to a toxicology laboratory for confirmation.
Drug testing Instructions: Interpretation of results
Positive: Only one colored band appears, in the control region(c). No colored band appears in the test region (T) for the drug in question. A positive result indicated that the drug concentration exceeds the detectable level.
Negative: Two colored bands appear on the membrane. One band appears in the control region © and another band appears in the test region (T) for the drug in question. A negative result indicates that the drug concentration is below the detectable level.
Invalid: Control band fails to appear. Results from any test which has not produced a control band at the specified read time must be discarded. Please review the procedure and repeat with a new test. If the problem persist, discontinue using the kit immediately and contact your local distributor.