What Is an EtG Alcohol Test?
An ETG test is a urine drug test that is used to detect Ethyl glucuronide levels in the body. Ethyl glucuronide is a byproduct of ethanol which is formed in the body after consuming alcohol. An ETG test is a very sensitive and very effective way to verify sobriety. These tests are commonly used in conjunction with other standardized drug tests in fields such as Public Safety, Transportation, and Healthcare.
EtG Tests can read positive results even from the lowest exposure to alcohol. The ETG test strips will detect Ethyl glucuronide in urine up to 80 hours, or 3.3 days after initial consumption. This is important to know because this is one of the distinguishing characteristics of an ETG test versus an Alcohol (ALC) Test. ETG test strips can be purchased in 25 Packs or purchased in conjunction with an order of Drug Testing Cups.
EtG Test strips are more commonly used to verify sobriety, due to its high sensitivity to alcohol levels. However, if your future employer requires you to take an EtG Test, it’s important to understand a few things regarding the process and how to prepare for it. Generally speaking, ETG tests are not usually included on a standard drug test. However, if someone is in a special program like a probation program, DUI/DWI program, they can expect an ETG test to be included in their drug test.
Many household products contain ethanol. It’s important to consider this before using the ETG testing strips. Because of this, some screening procedures that incorporate the use of ETG tests may need to have the test results verified.
ETG Alcohol Test Strips Procedure:
- Remove the EtG test kit strips from its sealed pouch, or remove from the canister, and use it as soon as possible. For the best results, the test should be performed within an hour. The canister should be closed tightly after removing the EtG strips.
- Hold the etg test kit strip by the end, where the product name is printed. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse past the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip.
- After the test has finished running, remove the alcohol strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be read 5 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 10 minutes.
- Internal procedural controls are included in the test. A colored band appearing in the control region(C) is considered an internal positive procedural control, confirming sufficient specimen volume and correct procedural technique.
- External controls are not supplied with this kit. It is recommended that positive and negative controls be tested as a good laboratory practice to confirm the EtG test procedure to verify proper test performance.
Get ETG Alcohol test strips, convenient to use, the ETG alcohol test strips enable users to perform alcohol testing with complete ease and without seeking assistance.
Commonly used to identify the proportion of alcohol in human urine, the EtG alcohol test kit provides quick results in nearly five minutes.
The Ethyl Glucuronide(EtG) are actually traces found in the body after being exposed to ethanol, including alcoholic beverages. EtG is thus used here as a biological marker of alcohol consumption.
This ETG alcohol test strips will be used in situations where total abstinence is requested, such as during weaning or in certain professional places. Accurately, it is the anti-alcohol test to be used in situations where zero tolerance is required, i.e. where the least consumption of alcohol is completely proscribed. EtG can be detected in the urine for about 2 to 3 days after the last dose.
These alcohol EtG test strips were specifically calibrated to highlight alcohol consumption. Its detection threshold avoids the false positive results that would be due to parasitic alcohol intakes, such as the small amounts that can be ingested when using certain syrups, mouthwashes, hygiene products or even products household.