What is 6-Monoacetylmorphine 6-MAM?
6 MAM or 6-acetylmorphine is one of three metabolites of heroin. By itself, heroin is difficult to detect. This is mainly due to heroin having such a short half-life. In fact, the half-life is only around 30 minutes. Once heroin is metabolized into 6 MAM, traces of it would be more likely to be detected.
6 MAM has a half-life of 6-25 minutes. It can stay in the body for up to 2 to 24 hours. The presence of 6 MAM in the body is a definite sign that the person has used heroin.
Why Use a 6 MAM Drug Test?
Heroin is a highly addictive drug with no known medical use. It is a Schedule 1 Controlled Substance and is illegal in the US. It produces euphoria, a feeling of relaxation and drowsiness, causing many to crave it.
Since heroin by itself is hard to detect in the body, medical professionals instead look for its longer-staying metabolite, the 6-MAM or 6-monoacetylmorphine. The 6-MAM test, thus, is useful for detecting heroin abuse
6 MAM Drug Test Strip
- 6 Mam Drug Test Strip (6-acetylmorphine is a 99% Accurate Preliminary Test for Determining the 6mam Levels (Heroin Use) in Urine
- Cutoff Levels for 6MAM Cut-off of 10 Ng/Ml.
- Test Results Are Displayed in Just a Few Minutes
- All Our 6 Mam Urine Test Strips Are Easy to Use,
- Highly Accurate and Sensitive Test Strip
- Forensic Use Only
- Special Bulk Pricing Is Available
How to Use a Drug Test Strip?
- Remove the drug test from its sealed pouch and use it as soon as possible. For best results, perform the assay within an hour.
- Next, hold the strip by the end, where you can see the product name. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Then, holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse above the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip. That’s about 1/5th of the way up the strip.
- After the drug test has finished, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. Read the result at 5 minutes. Do not interpret it after 10 minutes.
How to Read Drug Test Strip?
How Long Does 6 Mam Stay in Your System?
What Percent of Companies Drug Test?
Several studies suggest that as alcohol and illicit drug use rise, so does the need for drug and alcohol testing kits in work environments, households, schools, and rehabilitation centers.
Nowadays, drug testing is standard practice at most workplaces. In order to keep the work environment as safe and productive as possible, employers have taken reasonable measures and have offered immediate treatment to employees under the influence of illegal drugs.
However, it is surprising how little information employers disclose about drug testing. According to the report, only 1.47 percent of U.S. job postings mention pre-employment drug testing. On the other hand, only 0.66 percent of employers disclose that they require regular drug testing.
What Can Cause a False Positive for 6 Monoacetylmorphine?
Taking medications and ingestion of opiates such as poppy seeds can produce a 6 monoacetylmorphine false positive.
Read more here:
Do at Home Drug Tests Work?
Home drug tests work and can be considered fairly accurate if they are administered correctly. There are a number of factors that can affect accuracy, including:
- if first-morning urine was used since it’s the most concentrated urine of the day, which makes it best for drug detection
- what the subject ate or drank before the test
- whether the test was performed correctly
- if the subject took any medication before the test
Because of these factors, the FDA says that no drug test is 100% accurate. It is best to have another test administered in a lab to be sure.