6 MAM Drug Test Strip?
- 6 MAM drug test strip (6-Aoetylmorphine (MAM)) provides you with a 99% accurate preliminary test for determining the this substance at the cut off of 10 ng/ml.
- Detects heroin in urine for one to three days after last use
- All our 6 MAM urine test strips are easy to use, CLIA-waived and FDA-approved.
- HIghly accurate and sensitive test strip
- Special bulk pricing available
What is 6 MAM?
6 MAM or 6 acetylmorphine is a metabolite of heroin. By itself, heroin is difficult to detect. It’s because it has a short half life of 30 minutes. On the other hand, 6 MAM has a half life of 6-25 minutes. It can stay in the body for up to 2 to 24 hours.
The presence of 6 MAM in the body is a definite sign that the person has used heroin.
Why Use a 6 MAM Drug Test?
Heroin is a highly addictive drug with no known medical use. It is a Schedule 1 Controlled Substance and is illegal in the US. It produces euphoria, a feeling of relaxation and drowsiness, causing many to crave it. Since heroin by itself is hard to detect in the body, medical professionals instead look for its longer staying metabolite, the 6-MAM or 6 monoacetylmorphine. The 6-MAM test, thus, is useful for detecting heroin abuse
6 MAM Drug Test Strips Procedure:
- First, remove the urine 6 MAM drug test strip from the sealed pouch and use it within one hour
- Second, immerse the strip into the urine with the arrow pointing towards the urine
- Third, take the strip out after 15 seconds and lay the strip flat on a clean, dry, non-absorbent surface.
- Finally, read the result in 5 minutes.