PPX Drug Test Strips
- PPX Urine drug test stripsare convenient to use.
- Our PPX test strips enable users to perform propoxyphenetesting with complete ease and without seeking assistance.
- The PPX test strips provide quick results within five minutes.
- Up to 99% accurate
- Our PPX testing strips possess a cutoff level of 300 µg/mL.
- Detection time of propoxyphene in urine is up to 2 days after consumption
What is Propoxyphene?
Propoxyphene is an Opioid Pain Reliever (OPR) prescribed to people suffering from chronic pain. Additionally, it’s a cough suppresant. However, it was recalled in 2010 due to its potentially fatal side effects.
Regardless of its benefits, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) deemed it too risky as it can cause fatal heart disorders. Nowadays, however, the drug is still tested as a part of nonregulated panel testing.
The half-life of propoxyphene is anywhere from 8 hours to a whole day. It reaches its peak in 1 to 2 hours after oral administration.
Why Test for Propoxyphene?
Although propoxyphene is now banned in the US, it is still sold on the streets and in black markets. Unfortunately, overdosing on propoxyphene or combining it with other drugs can lead to fatalities. Thus, the need to test individuals who are presumed to be taking it is important as it might save his life.
Learn more about Propoxyphene and its side effect
PPX Test Strips Procedure:
- First, remove the test strip from the sealed pouch and use it within one hour
- Second, immerse the strip into the urine with the arrow pointing towards the urine
- Third, take the strip out after 15 seconds and lay the strip flat on a clean, dry, non-absorbent surface.
- Finally, read the result in 5 minutes