What is K2 Spice/Synthetic Marijuana?
Synthetic Drugs or Synthetic Cannabinoids are made to mimic the THC that is naturally found in Marijuana. In fact, the manufacturing of these compounds does, in fact, result in a more potent and powerful drug.
K2 spice has been known to have herbal ingredients like Dried Oregano and Basil. However, these ingredients are significantly coated with chemicals. When these products are smoked, they provide similar effects as THC only with higher risks.
Why Test for K2 Spice/Synthetic Marijuana?
Some may consider synthetic marijuana to be a safer alternative than cannabis, however, evidence has proven otherwise. Reports of Synthetic marijuana being laced with chemicals such as rat poison have resulted in numerous hospitalizations and several instances of death.
What makes synthetic marijuana so dangerous is the fact that no one fully knows exactly what chemicals are being mixed with the substance. Someone could either get high from a particular dose or become violently ill and even pass away from it. Side effects range from anxiety, paranoia, hallucinations to full-on psychosis.
Synthetic Marijuana Test Strips
Synthetic Marijuana Test Strips Procedure:
- Remove the Synthetic Marijuana test strip from its sealed pouch, or remove from the canister, and use it as soon as possible. For the best results, the test should be performed within an hour. The canister should be closed tightly after removing any strips.
- Hold the Synthetic Marijuana test strip by the end, where the product name is printed. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse past the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip.
- After the test has finished running, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be read 5 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 10 minutes.
- Internal procedural controls are included in the test. A colored band appearing in the control region(C) is considered an internal positive procedural control, confirming sufficient specimen volume and correct procedural technique.
- External controls are not supplied with this kit. It is recommended that positive and negative controls be tested as a good laboratory practice to confirm the Synthetic Marijuana test procedure to verify proper test performance.
Get Synthetic Marijuana Test strips, convenient to use, our K2 / Spice test strips enable users to perform K2 testing with complete ease and without seeking assistance.
- Urine test for the detection of synthetic cannabinoids type K2, also called Spice.
- K2 has been the first generation of synthetic cannabis to appear on the market.