What is Buprenorphine?
Buprenorphine is used in the treatment of opiate addiction, and the primary ingredient found in Bunavail, Subutex, Suboxone, and Zubsolv. Unlike heroin, methadone, and other opiates, buprenorphine does not cause respiratory depression.
Buprenorphine is a narcotic analgesic. These types of drugs relieve acute and chronic severe pain. They work by binding to opioid receptors in the peripheral and central nervous systems. Narcotic analgesic drugs like Buprenorphine tend to cause tolerance and dependence.
Why Test for Buprenorphine?
When someone takes too much buprenorphine, they can experience sleepiness, a dangerously slow rate of breathing, and low blood pressure.
Someone who is abusing buprenorphine may also experience slow breathing and low blood pressure. For severe poisoning, some have been known to pass out, or worse: suffer cardiac arrest.
Suboxone Test Strips
Suboxone Test Strips Procedure:
- Remove the the Suboxone test strip from its sealed pouch, or remove from the canister, and use it as soon as possible. For the best results, the test should be performed within an hour. The canister should be closed tightly after removing any strips.
- Hold the Suboxone test strip by the end, where the product name is printed. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse past the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip.
- After the test has finished running, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be read 5 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 10 minutes.
- Internal procedural controls are included in the test. A colored band appearing in the control region(C) is considered an internal positive procedural control, confirming sufficient specimen volume and correct procedural technique.
- External controls are not supplied with this kit. It is recommended that positive and negative controls be tested as a good laboratory practice to confirm the Suboxone test procedure to verify proper test performance.
Get Suboxone test strips, convenient to use, our BUP test strips enable users to perform Buprenorphine/BUP testing with complete ease and without seeking assistance.
- The Suboxone test strips provide quick results within five minutes.
- Our Suboxone testing strips possess a cutoff level of 10 ng/ml.