What is Tramadol?
Tramadol is an opioid pain-relieving medication used to treat moderate and severe pain. It can be taken orally as well as by injection.
Tramadol comes in both immediate-release and extended-release forms.
Tramadol works by changing how the brain interprets pain. Essentially, the drug works in a similar way to endorphins in that it minimizes the pain messages sent to the brain.
Why Test for Tramadol?
Tramadol is a narcotic painkiller. With medications like these, there is always the potential for addiction and abuse, especially in large doses.
Though Tramadol is not considered to be a highly addictive substance, care needs to be taken when taking this prescription-only drug.
The misuse and abuse of tramadol affect the chemical balances in the brain and negatively impact emotional and psychological well-being.
Tramadol Test Strips
TML Test Strips Procedure:
- Remove the the TML test strip from its sealed pouch, or remove from the canister, and use it as soon as possible. For the best results, the test should be performed within an hour. The canister should be closed tightly after removing any strips.
- Hold the TML test strip by the end, where the product name is printed. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse past the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip.
- After the test has finished running, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be read 5 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 10 minutes.
- Internal procedural controls are included in the test. A colored band appearing in the control region(C) is considered an internal positive procedural control, confirming sufficient specimen volume and correct procedural technique.
- External controls are not supplied with this kit. It is recommended that positive and negative controls be tested as a good laboratory practice to confirm the TML test procedure to verify proper test performance.
Get TML test strips, convenient to use, our TML test strips enable users to perform Tramadol testing with complete ease and without seeking assistance.
- The TML test strips provide quick results within five minutes.
- Our TML testing strips possess a cutoff level of 100 ng/ml.