What is THC?
THC, or Tetrahydrocannabinol is the predominant chemical responsible for the psychological effects in Marijuana and CBD. It is one of 113 cannabinoids found in cannabis. The more THC consumed, the more likely you are to become dependent.
Some have used CBD, or Cannabidiol as an herbal supplement to help manage pain and epilepsy. Some medical practitioners do, in fact, prescribe medical marijuana for these purposes and more.
Why Test for THC?
Employers take on a responsibility to provide safe working conditions for their employees to thrive.
For those who implement a drug-free policy for the benefit of the company workforce, it’s important to keep in mind how Marijuana laws are changing from state to state.
The high received from THC use affects everyone differently. For some, it has been known to cause depression, of perhaps worsen mental disorders. It has also been known to cause a heightened sense of paranoia and even psychosis.
THC Test Strips
THC Test Strips Procedure:
- Remove the the THC test strip from its sealed pouch, or remove from the canister, and use it as soon as possible. For the best results, the test should be performed within an hour. The canister should be closed tightly after removing any strips.
- Hold the THC test strip by the end, where the product name is printed. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse past the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip.
- After the test has finished running, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be read 5 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 10 minutes.
- Internal procedural controls are included in the test. A colored band appearing in the control region(C) is considered an internal positive procedural control, confirming sufficient specimen volume and correct procedural technique.
- External controls are not supplied with this kit. It is recommended that positive and negative controls be tested as a good laboratory practice to confirm the THC test procedure to verify proper test performance.
Get THC test strips, convenient to use, our THC test strips enable users to perform Marijuana testing with complete ease and without seeking assistance.
- The THC test strips provide quick results within five minutes.
- Our THC testing strips possess a cutoff level of 50 ng/ml.