What is Clonazepam?
Clonazepam is a form of benzodiazepine sold under the brand name Klonopin. This prescription drug is used for treating seizure disorders, managing panic attacks, and pain relief.
Clonazepam works by releasing calming substances in the brain, acting as a sedative. Consequently, illicit users can develop either physical or emotional dependence or both on Clonazepam in as little as two weeks.
The U.S Drug Enforcement Administration, therefore, has classified it as a Schedule IV drug under its Controlled Substance Schedule due to its potential for abuse.
Why Test for Clonazepam?
Clonazepam can be addictive. In addition, withdrawal can be challenging and can lead to serious medical complications. As a result, individuals who suffer from addiction may go through a grueling recovery process.
Medically Perscribed Clonazepam is only meant to be used for a period of time. Prolonged, unsupervised use of the medication can have a disastrous outcome.
The dangers of psychological dependence and difficult withdrawal symptoms are commonplace for clonazepam addiction.
Due to the potency and dangers of this drug, those who are responsible for administering urine drug screens will incorporate clonazepam tests into their procedure.
What Are the Side Effects of Clonazepam?
Clonazepam use can certainly have severe side effects especially from the unsupervised illicit use of the drug. These side effects are as follows:
- poor muscle coordination
- problems with memory
- increased saliva
- muscle or joint pain
- frequent urination
- blurred vision
- changes in sex drive or ability.
For those who are misusing clonazepam on a regular basis, there can be severe side effects that may present themselves. These side effects are as follows:
- swelling of the eyes, face, lips, tongue, or throat
- difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Read more here: Clonazepam
How to Use a Drug Test Strip?
- Remove the drug test from its sealed pouch and use it as soon as possible. For best results, perform the assay within an hour.
- Next, hold the strip by the end, where you can see the product name. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Then, holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine sample for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse above the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip. That’s about 1/5th of the way up the strip.
- After the drug test has finished, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. Read the result at 5 minutes. Do not interpret it after 10 minutes.
How to Read Drug Test Strip?
Clonazepam Drug Test Strips
- The Clonazepam (Clon) Drug Test Strip Is a Preliminary Test for Detecting Clonazepam in Human Urine
- These Tests Are 99% Accurate, Providing Negative/Positive Results Within Minutes
- Clonazepam is a medically prescribed drug used to help treat seizure disorders and pain relief.
- It is an Easy Use Urine Test that Displays Results within a few minutes!
- The Cutoff Level for this Test is 150 ng/ml
- 99% Accuracy, Safe, and Reliable.
- Forensic Use Only