What is Benzodiazepine?
Benzodiazepines are central nervous system depressants. They are typically known as tranquilizers. There are over 15 types of FDA approved benzodiazepine medications on the market today.
Benzodiazepine can be prescribed for many things including insomnia, alcohol withdrawal and muscle relaxation to name a few. This drug is easily attainable, and remains to be among the most commonly prescribed medications in the U.S.
Why Test for Benzodiazepine?
Benzodiazepines have been known for a more sinister use, as is the case for Rohypnol (flunitrazepam), notoriously known for being a date-rape drug.
In the case of higher dosage and even benzodiazepine abuse, some may feel nauseous, drowsy, or dizzy. Long term use of these sedatives has been proven to cause brain damage.
Benzodiazepine Test Strips
Benzodiazepine Test Strips Procedure:
- Remove the Benzodiazepine test strip from its sealed pouch, or remove from the canister, and use it as soon as possible. For the best results, the test should be performed within an hour. The canister should be closed tightly after removing any strips.
- Hold the Benzodiazepine test strip by the end, where the product name is printed. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse past the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip.
- After the test has finished running, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be read 5 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 10 minutes.
- Internal procedural controls are included in the test. A colored band appearing in the control region(C) is considered an internal positive procedural control, confirming sufficient specimen volume and correct procedural technique.
- External controls are not supplied with this kit. It is recommended that positive and negative controls be tested as a good laboratory practice to confirm the Benzodiazepine test procedure to verify proper test performance.
Get Benzodiazepine test strips, convenient to use, our Benzodiazepine test strips enable users to perform BZO testing with complete ease and without seeking assistance.
- The Benzodiazepine test strips provide quick results within five minutes.
- Our Benzodiazepine testing strips possess a cutoff level of 300 ng/ml.