Methamphetamine Drug Test Strips
- Methamphetamine drug test strips that is convenient and easy to use.
- MET test strips enable users to perform methamphetamine testing without seeking assistance.
- The MET test strips provide quick results within five minutes.
- Our MET testing strips possess a cutoff level of 1000 ng/ml.
- Designed to be both cost-efficient and reliable.
- 99% accuracy rate and easy to use at home or workplace drug testing.
- This methamphetamine drug test strip includes internal procedural controls.
If there’s a sufficient amount of specimen and the procedure is followed properly, a positive result will show as a colored band in the control region.
- There are no external controls in this kit. That’s why we highly recommend further testing to verify positive results.
- Forensic use only
Why test for meth?
First, meth is a highly addictive substance. Although it is possible to stop using it, the withdrawal symptoms that come with the process isn’t easy. Additionally, a person on meth withdrawal may experience the following:
- intense cravings for the drug
- severe depression
Second, meth addiction can lead to lifelong or even fatal consequences to the user. As a consequence, he is more at risk of contracting deadly diseases like HIV and hepatitis.
Therefore, the need to test for meth.
How to Use a Drug Test Strip?
- Remove the drug test from its sealed pouch and use it as soon as possible. For best results, perform the assay within an hour.
- Next, hold the strip by the end, where you can see the product name. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Then, holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse above the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip. That’s about 1/5th of the way up the strip.
- After the drug test has finished, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. Read the result at 5 minutes. Do not interpret it after 10 minutes.
How to Read Drug Test Kit?
What is methamphetamine?
Methamphetamine is a powerful stimulant initially developed in the 20th century. Although it has therapeutic applications, it is mostly being misused by people who have developed an addiction to it.
Additionally, methamphetamine produces a certain “high” which is sought by its users. As a result, it heightens the senses and induces euphoria when taken in higher doses.
What are the other names for methamphetamine?
Methamphetamine is also known as crystal, blue, meth, ice, and speed.
An amphetamine is a prescription drug stimulant that is similar to methamphetamine. Both create a ‘high’ or a feeling of euphoria.
However, meth is illegal. It works much faster in the brain than methamphetamine. Thus, users prefer the former to get the ‘high’ feeling more quickly.
Read more here: Difference Between Amphetamine and Methamphetamine.
Many substances can cause false-positive results for a methamphetamine drug test.
Below are the agents with potential to cause false positives in immunoassay.
- Amphetamine analogues
- Benzathine penicillin
Read more here: Testing for Illegal Drug use in Mental Health Services.
Yes, Zantac or ranitidine can show up as methamphetamine. Moreover, it is one of the agents that can cause a false-positive result in a urine drug test.
Yes, you can overdose on meth. In fact, approximately 15 percent of all drug overdose deaths in 2017 involved the methamphetamine category.
Additionally, some drug dealers add cheap, dangerous synthetic opioids to street methamphetamine without the user’s knowledge. This can have fatal consequences.
Read more here: Methamphetamine Drug Facts
The initial screening cut-off level for Methamphetamine is 100ng/ml. Detection time for single use is up to 48 hours. However, it is detectable from 7 to 10 days on long-term meth users.
Read more here: Methamphetamine
List of Drug Test Strips
- EtG Alcohol Test Strips
- Fentanyl Test Strips
- Kratom Test Cartridges
- Kratom Test Strips
- hCG Pregnancy Test Strips
- Ovulation Test Strips
- Alcohol Test Strips
- THC Test Strips
- LSD Drug Test
- GHB Drug Test