Table of Contents
An increasing number of institutions with drug testing programs now prefer the multi drug screen test dip card over other immunoassays. What is it, and why is it becoming popular? Read on and find out.
The multi drug screen test dip card goes through the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to ensure quality and 99% accuracy. It is designed to detect the parent drug or metabolite of specific illicit substances.
For instance, 12 panel multi drug screen test dip cards test for the following substances:
- Morphine (300)
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
Difference Between Multi Panel Drug Test Cups & Oral Swabs?
Multi panel cups, oral swabs, and dip cards are all 99% accurate, CLIA-waived, and FDA-approved. They provide results in as little as 5minutes. Additionally, they’re so easy to use, previous knowledge or training is not necessary.
But what makes cards different from swabs or cups?
First, these cards are cheaper.
For example, here at 12 Panel Now, a multi drug screen test dip card only costs $2.59 each. When you buy 2,000 pieces, that price goes down to $1.54 per card. Meanwhile, a 12 panel drug test cup costs $2.99 each and $2.29 per cup when you buy bulk.
This is why organizations that perform drug testing regularly are buying these dip cards in bulk. They get to save more money they can use to improve their facilities or train their employees.
Second, they’re more convenient.
This urine drug test is slim and handy, it can fit right inside the pocket. So police officers, rehab owners, or can bring two or three cards for use when needed. And since they’re stackable and less bulkier than drug testing cups, they save a lot of space in your storage area.
How to Use a Multi Drug Screen Test
Take note of the following before doing the multi drug test:
- A code of 3-4 letters is printed on each strip to identify specific drugs. For example, AMP stands for Amphetamines, BAR for Barbiturates, and so on.
- The results area is where the negative or positive result is displayed.
- The absorption zones are the strip tips that are immersed into the urine sample.
- Remove the protection cap just before the test.
Below are the steps to follow when administering the drug screen test using the dip card.
- Allow the multi drug screen test dip card, urine specimen, and controls to normalize to room temperature.
- Remove the drug test dip card from its pouch. Use immediately.
- Gently remove the test’s cap.
- Dip the screening test, arrows down, into the human urine sample for 15 to 20 seconds. Take care not to immerse the dip card above the arrows.
- Replace the cap carefully. Place the test card on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer.
- Read the results at 5 minutes.
How to Read Multi Drug Screen Test Results
A negative result shows two lines: one in the control region (C) and another in the test region (T).
On the other hand, when the result is positive, one line appears in the control region (C).
However, the test is invalid if no line appears in the control region (C). This means there’s an insufficient volume of specimen or incorrect procedure.
A multi drug screen test dip card is becoming one of the most popular and best selling drug testing kit. It’s cheaper and more convenient than drug test cups and oral swabs, but still provides you with the advantages of other drug screens.
Time in Substance Detection
Different substances leave the body at different times. Drugs present in the body system can stay for a short or long period of time. The duration depends on what type of substances and other factors to consider, such as dose, tolerance, metabolism, etc.
Based on toxicology research, the following are estimated time for drugs to leave the body system:
- Amphetamine (AMP): 1-3 days in urine, 12 hours in blood
- Barbiturates (BAR): 2-4 days in urine, 1-2 days in blood
- Benzodiazepine (BZO): 3-6 weeks in urine, 2-3 days in blood
- Buprenorphine (BUP): up to 6 days in urine, up to 2 days in blood
- Cocaine (COC): 3-4 days in urine, 1-2 days in blood
- Ecstasy (MDMA): 3-4 days in urine, 1-2 days in blood
- Marijuana (THC): 7-30 days in urine, 2 weeks in blood
- Methadone (MTD): 3-4 days in urine, 24-36 hours in blood
- Methamphetamine (MET): 3-6 days in urine, 24 – 72 hours in blood
- Opiates (OPI/MOR): 2-3 days in urine, 6-8 hours in blood
- Oxycodone (OXY): 2-4 days in urine, about 24 hours in blood
- Pregnancy (hCG): 10 days in urine, 2-3 days in blood
- Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCA): 2-7 days in urine, 8-12 hours in blood
- Fentanyl (FYL): up to 3 days in urine, up to 2 days in blood
- Alcohol (EtG): 3-5 days in urine, 10-12 hours in blood
If you want to screen someone else in your organization, the most effective way to go about this is to administer a rapid drug screen. RDS can detect the presence of 14 drugs in less than 5 minutes with 99% accuracy.
If you want to get superior quality multi drug screen test dip cards at the lowest prices, check out the 12 Panel Now Store. We have great deals for you.