What is an LH Test?
Ovulation Test Strips is a qualitative test used to predict when there is an LH surge, which is stated to be a reliable way by WHO.
The Luteinizing hormone increase triggers ovulation when the egg is released periodically from Normal fertile women in the middle of the menstrual cycle. Ovulation will occur after 24-48 hours following a positive test. It is intended for over-the-counter (OTC) use.
Why Use an Ovulation Test Strips?
The LH test is a fast and accurate way to test for ovulation. The reaction time of the most testing strips is as low as 5 minutes.
You can verify your test results after the 5 minutes interval. You can read your results within 3 – 5 minutes of testing for more accuracy.
Here at 12 Panel Now, we encourage those who are concerned about their test results to speak to their Primary Care Doctor for more insight regarding their pregnancy.
See Also: Pregnancy Strips: 12 Panel Now – Blog
Ovulation Test Strips Procedure
- Remove the ovulation test from each sealed pouch and use it as soon as possible. For best results, the ovulation test should be performed within one hour.
- Hold the ovulation test strip by the end, where the product name is printed. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Holding the strip vertically, dip the ovulation test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse past maximum line (MAX) on the test strip.
- As the test begins to work, the color will migrate across the membrane.
- After the pregnancy test strip has finished running, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be read at 3 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 10 minutes.