What is K2 Spice/Synthetic Marijuana?
K2 spice is a synthetic version of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the mind-altering ingredient in marijuana. It made its first appearance in Europe in 2004 and the US in 2008.
Marijuana vs Spice
Synthetic cannabinoids mimic the effects of THC naturally found in marijuana. However, all the ingredients used for creating spice are synthetic or human-made.
Marijuana comes from the cannabis plant. K2, on the other hand, is the combination of several chemicals, namely CP 47,497, HU-210, and JWH-018.
What makes spice harmful?
They both bind to the same cannabinoid receptors in the brain. When used for medicinal purposes, marijuana can heal. Synthetic cannabinoids don’t. It is a harmful chemical that, when used, can lead to life-threatening consequences.
Why Test for K2 Spice/Synthetic Marijuana?
Some may consider synthetic marijuana to be a safer alternative than cannabis. However, evidence proves otherwise.
How Harmful is K2?
Reports of Synthetic marijuana laced with chemicals such as rat poison have resulted in numerous hospitalizations and several instances of death.
What makes synthetic marijuana so dangerous is that no one fully knows what chemicals go with the substance. It is labelled as not fit for human consumption.
Other effects of K2/Spice
Someone could get high from a particular dose or become violently ill and even pass away from it.
Side effects range from anxiety, paranoia, hallucinations to full-on psychosis.
Synthetic Marijuana Test Strips Procedure:
- Remove the Synthetic Marijuana test strip from its sealed pouch. Use immediately.
- Hold the Synthetic Marijuana test strip where you can see the label. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Then, dip the test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse past the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip.
- After the test has finished running, remove the strip from the specimen. Next, place it on a non-absorbent flat surface.
- Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear.
- Finally, read the result at five minutes. Do not interpret the result after 10 minutes.
This spice urine test includes internal procedural controls.
If there’s a sufficient amount of specimen and the procedure is followed properly, a positive result will show as a colored band in the control region.
However, there are no external controls in this kit. That’s why we highly recommend further testing to verify positive results.
Get Synthetic Marijuana Test strips, convenient to use!
Our K2 / Spice drug tests enable users to perform K2 testing with complete ease and without seeking assistance.
- Urine test for the detection of synthetic cannabinoids type K2 or Spice.
- K2 is the first generation of synthetic cannabis to appear on the market.
We provide drug testing kits that detect a range of drugs including the ones listed below:
- and more!
What makes our product unique?
12 Panel Now’s Rapid Spice Urine Test provide you with fast and accurate results. No need to wait for lab results!
Just open the pack, dip in the urine sample, and wait for the result.
Our family-owned and operated business provides you with high quality but lowest-priced drug test strips and cups. Above all, we value integrity and compassionate service.
We strive to serve you better
This is why we pay careful attention to all your needs and preferences, from purchasing to shipping. We want to make sure that every transaction you make with us goes smoothly and at the lowest price, every time, all the time.
We also ship same-day on all transactions made before 5pm EST to make sure you receive your order as quickly as possible.
Our company takes pride in providing the best 12 panel drug testing cups on the market and we make sure our customers feel appreciated and respected.
If your urine contains spice, two lines will appear in the spice urine test.
On the other hand, a negative result means there’s no spice in your urine. The test will show only one line.
Step-by-step guide on how to use a spice urine test strip
- First, remove the spice test strip from the sealed pouch or canister. Use immediately.
- Second, hold the strip in the area where the product name is printed. Do not touch the membrane to avoid contamination.
- Third, hold the strip vertically and dip it in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not soak past the maximum line of the test strip.
- Once done, remove the alcohol strip from the specimen. Then, place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band to appear.
- Finally, read the result at five minutes. Do not interpret after 10 minutes as this might lead to a false result.
At this time, DOT doesn’t test for spice. It only tests for the drugs below according to 49 CFR Part 40 Subpart F.
- Opiates – opium and codeine derivatives
- Amphetamines and methamphetamines
- Phencyclidine – PCP
However, DOT does not prohibit motor carrier employers from carrying out their own drug testing programs and policies. As such, any employer can require testing for other drugs of abuse not listed above such as K2/spice.
For more information, read here: Which substances are tested?
Somebody asked this question in Drugs.com. Based on the answers of respondents, it seems like the culprit for a K2 Spice false positive is the combination of Lamictal and Gabapentin.
Lamictal is an anti-epileptic medication.It is also used for delaying mood episodes in people with bipolar disorders.
Gabapentin, on the other hand, is a prescription anticonvulsant medication for epilepsy and postherpetic neuralgia.
What you can do
If you’re taking any of these medications, we strongly suggest you to inform the technician prior to drug testing.
Read more here: DrugScreen: What Can Cause a False Positive for K2 Spice?
Yes, spice will show up on a probation drug test if they use a K2 Spice drug test strip.
Spice is a combination of different types of herbal mixtures that mimic the effects of THC.
Because the chemicals that are commonly used for creating spice have a high potential for abuse but no medical benefit,the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has designated them as Schedule I drugs.
Read more here: Spice (Synthetic Marijuana)
12 Panel Now carries over 20 types of drug test strips you can use for detecting a specific substance in human urine.
12 Panel Now’s List of Drug Test Strips
- EtG Alcohol Test Strips
- Fentanyl Test Strips
- Kratom Test Cartridges
- Kratom Test Strips
- hCG Pregnancy Test Strips
- Ovulation Test Strips
- Alcohol Test Strips
- THC Test Strips
- LSD Drug Test
- GHB Drug Test
12 Panel Now is a family-owned business that cares about you and your organization.
We understand your drug testing needs. That’s why we do our best to provide you with top quality, but low-cost, 99% accurate, CLIA-waived, and FDA-approved drug testing supplies. Our products have a 24-month shelf life from the date of manufacture.
If there is something wrong with your product, call us at 888-936-6627 or 561- 409-5151, or email us at [email protected] We will replace it for you.