Kratom Urine Test Strips
- This test kit detects Kratom levels and its metabolites (mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine) in the body.
- Kratom Urine Test Strips are convenient, safe, and easy to use with minimal assistance.
- These Rapid Urine Drug Test Strips provide fast and accurate results. No time wasted on waiting for lab results.
- 99% accurate in detecting specific drugs according to the designated cut-off levels.
- Quick results within five minutes.
- For an alternative to Test Strips, Kratom Cartridge Tests are available as well.
- Forensic use only.
What Is Kratom?
Decades ago, the leaves from the plant Mitragyna speciosa has been used as a natural alternative to pain reliever in the Asian region.
However, due to its addictive qualities and adverse side effects, kratom is now considered an emerging drug of abuse by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). It comes in the form of:
- Fine powder
- Dried leaves for brewing
How to Use a Drug Test Strip:
- Remove the kratom test kit from its sealed pouch and use it as soon as possible. For best results, perform the assay within an hour.
- Next, hold the strip by the end, where you can see the product name. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Then, holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse above the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip. That’s about 1/5th of the way up the strip.
- After the drug test has finished, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. Read the result at 5 minutes. Do not interpret it after 10 minutes.
How to Read This Drug Test Kit:
Why Test for Kratom?
Although it is not yet listed as a controlled substance, the US Drug Enforcement Administration considers it as an emerging drug of abuse. Recently, several states have put into motion regulations in order to ban it.
Some who have used the drug admitted to using it as a substitute for another drug. Excessive use of this drug will give the user opioid-like side-effects. This is one of the many reasons why many have decided to incorporate kratom urine tests into their drug screening program.
Who Benefits from Kratom Tests?
The organizations listed below may benefit from the increasing reports of kratom abuse
- probation centers
- poison control centers
- police stations
To learn more about this drug and its side effects visit our knowledge base.
An Eye-opening Study
Recently, a study in the United States reports a marked increase in calls to poison control centers due to kratom exposure. The study states:
Overall, nearly one third (32%) of the calls resulted in admission to a healthcare facility. On the other hand, 52% resulted in serious medical outcomes, especially among teenagers and adults.
Why People Use Kratom
Historically, kratom has been used in Southeast Asia for hundreds of years as a pain-relieving alternative. Today, it is accessible to the public – commonly advertised as an herbal supplement with no side effects.
Unfortunately, the use of the drug has been known to deliver similar effects to that of opioid use. Though many kratom users today have self-medicated using this drug on their own, more studies are needed to take place before medical applications are made.