TCA Drug Test Strips
- TCA drug test strips are convenient, safe, and easy to use.
- 12 Panel Now’s tricyclic antidepressants drug test strips enable you to perform TCA testing with complete ease on your own.
- Quick results within five minutes.
- Cutoff level of 1000 ng/ml.
- This TCA drug test strip includes internal procedural controls. If there’s a sufficient amount of specimen and the procedure is followed properly, a positive result will show as a colored band in the control region.
- However, there are no external controls in this kit. That’s why we highly recommend further testing to verify positive results.
- Forensic use only
What is TCA?
TCA stands for tricyclic antidepressants. This prescription drug is often recommended as the treatment of depression and treatment for major depressive disorder (MDD).
Tricyclic antidepressants TCA were one of the first antidepressants released. Today they are still available and widely used for treating depression.
Though they aren’t considered as addictive as other prescription medications, long-term TCA usage can, unfortunately, lead to dependency.
TCA abuse is a concern among many in the United States today. For this reason, many urine tests and multidrug tests contain drug panels that detect TCA’s as many incorporate screening for this drug into their drug testing procedures.
How to Use a TCA Drug Test Strip?
- Remove the drug test from its sealed pouch and use it as soon as possible. For best test results, perform the assay within an hour.
- Next, hold the strip by the end, where you can see the product name. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Then, holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine sample for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse above the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip. That’s about 1/5th of the way up the strip.
- After the drug test has finished, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. Read the result at 5 minutes. Do not interpret it after 10 minutes.
How to Read TCA Drug Test Strip?
Why Test for Tricyclic Antidepressants?
Tricyclic Antidepressants are non-controlled drugs. They are legal prescription medications. As a result, anybody who has a prescription can buy it anywhere.
Although these substances are not addictive, users develop resistance to it. Later on, they become dependent on it.
This dependence, unfortunately, has led to fatal overdoses in the US.
Therefore, the need for drug testing. It can help self the lives of those who are taking TCAs as a means to cope with depression.
Sadly many overdosing deaths that occur today in the United States are from TCA abuse. This is a drug where misusing it is of concern.