Methadone Drug Test Strips
- Methadone Urine Test Strip (MTD) is a preliminary test for detecting MTD at the cut-off of 300 ng/ml.
- With 99% accuracy and certifications from CLIA and FDA, it is a test strip you can rely on for your drug testing needs.
- Quick results within five minutes
- Trusted by companies, institutes, schools, and similar organizations for its accuracy and reliability
- They’re your one-stop-shop process for drug testing that provides accuracy and reliability all the time.
- Forensic use only
What is Methadone?
Doctors prescribe methadone for treating opioid addiction. This synthetic opioid agonist acts on the opioid receptors in the brain that are activated by opioids like morphine, heroin, and opioid-based pain medication.
However, unlike heroin, morphine, or opioid pain relievers, methadone acts slowly. Additionally, it does not produce euphoria in a person with an opioid disorder.
What are the side effects of methadone?
Methadone is an effective and cheaper option for the treatment of opioid use disorder. This is why doctors prescribe it – to allow patients to get access to more affordable pain relievers.
However, taking methadone for a long time can lead to addiction. Eventually, a long-term methadone user can experience the side effects below.
- Slow, shallow breathing, known as respiratory depression
- Clammy or bluish skin
- Blue-tinted lips and fingertips
- Extreme fatigue to the point of being unable to stay awake
How to Use a Drug Test Strip?
- Remove the drug test from its sealed pouch and use it as soon as possible. For best results, perform the assay within an hour.
- Next, hold the strip by the end, where you can see the product name. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Then, holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse above the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip. That’s about 1/5th of the way up the strip.
- After the drug test has finished, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. Read the result at 5 minutes. Do not interpret it after 10 minutes.
How to Read Drug Test Strip?
Why Test for MTD?
Methadone is a Schedule II drug. Therefore, it has a high potential for abuse which may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence.
Some people abuse it for chronic pain relief. Others use it to get high. Sadly, abusing or misusing this drug can lead to fatal consequences.
Thus, the need for testing MTD.
Antihistamines and some sleep aids containing diphenhydramine (like Benadryl) could cause a false positive result for PCP or methadone. Doxylamine (the active ingredient in Unisom) can also trigger a positive drug result for methadone, opiates, and PCP.
Read more here: Medications that can cause false positive drug tests
Yes, it does. It can show up on 10-14 panel drug test cups, dip cards, mouth swabs, or a methadone drug test strip.
No, it doesn’t. You’ll have to use 10-14 panel drug test cups, dip cards, mouth swabs, or a methadone drug test strip for this purpose.
Methadone can stay in your system from 2 to 13 days.
List of Drug Test Strips
- EtG Alcohol Test Strips
- Fentanyl Test Strips
- Kratom Test Cartridges
- Kratom Test Strips
- hCG Pregnancy Test Strips
- Ovulation Test Strips
- Alcohol Test Strips
- THC Test Strips
- LSD Drug Test
- GHB Drug Test