Methadone Drug Test Strips
- Methadone Urine Test Strip (Mtd) Is a Preliminary Test for Detecting Mtd at the Cut-off of 300 Ng/Ml.
- With 99% Accuracy and Certifications from Clia and Fda, It Is a Test Strip You Can Rely on for Your Drug Testing Needs.
- Quick Test Results Within five Minutes.
- Trusted by Companies, Institutes, Schools, and Similar Organizations for Its Accuracy and Reliability.
- A Great Drug Screening Solution for All Industries!
- Forensic Use Only.
What is Methadone?
Doctors prescribe methadone for treating opioid addiction. This synthetic opioid agonist acts on the opioid receptors in the brain that are activated by opioids like morphine, heroin, and opioid-based pain medication.
However, unlike heroin, morphine, or opioid pain relievers, methadone acts slowly. Additionally, it does not produce euphoria in a person with an opioid disorder.
What Are the Side Effects of Methadone?
Methadone is an effective and cheaper option for the treatment of opioid use disorder. This is why doctors prescribe it – to allow patients to get access to more affordable pain relievers.
However, there is always a danger of addiction when it comes to prescribed opioid medication. Eventually, a long-term methadone user can experience withdrawal symptoms such as:
- Slow, shallow breathing, known as respiratory depression
- Clammy or bluish skin
- Blue-tinted lips and fingertips
- Extreme fatigue to the point of being unable to stay awake
How to Use a Methadone Drug Test Strip?
- Remove the drug test from its sealed pouch and use it as soon as possible. For best results, perform the assay within an hour.
- Next, hold the strip by the end, where you can see the product name. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Then, holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse above the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip. That’s about 1/5th of the way up the strip.
- After the drug test has finished, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. Read the result at 5 minutes. Do not interpret it after 10 minutes.
How to Read Methadone Drug Test Strip?
Why Test for MTD?
Methadone is a controlled substance and a Schedule II drug. Therefore, it has a high potential for substance abuse which may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence.
Because of the high potential for addiction, those who administer drug screenings may want to incorporate this specific test into their drug testing procedures.
The Urine Test strips available from 12 Panel Now may prove to be a more practical solution than a blood test or a hair test. The urine tests are a fast and accurate way to perform screening.
Many have become addicted after receiving methadone as medication for pain relief. Sadly, abusing or misusing this drug can lead to fatal consequences.